Sunday, December 8, 2013

What Tells Them This Is Normal?

On November 12th, Troy LaFerra from Port Trevorton, Pennsylvania was found in an alley in Sunbury, Pennsylvania stabbed 20 times.  As it turns out, Elytte Barbour, 22, and Miranda Barbour, 18 are the ones accused of killing him.  The Barbours have only been married a couple weeks when they decided that they wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone; so, they posted an ad on Craigslist and lured 42 year old Mr. LaFerra to a mall to do just that. 

These people were barely adults and they already had the notion that they wanted to kill someone … seriously?  Are you kidding me?  The couple had just moved to Pennsylvania from North Carolina and this was their first order of business … to kill someone.  It didn’t matter who and it didn’t matter how … just as long as they could say they had killed and knew what it felt like. 

As I sit here and ponder this crime, I wonder to myself, exactly how does a conversation like that come up between a married couple?  At what point does your spouse tell you that they want to know what it feels like to kills someone and every ounce of your being doesn’t tell you to run.  That would be my first instinct … run … run very fast … run like your life depended on it … oh wait a minute, it probably does. 

Surely somewhere while raising these two hellions, someone got the impression that maybe they were dangerous.  I don’t know the details, so I don’t know if either were psychotic or not, but I don’t think it is normal to want to kill for the pleasure of it.  What in your upbringing would tell you that this was a normal train of thought in people? 

In my opinion, there is no such thing as rehabilitation in this case and Pennsylvania does have the death penalty; I therefore think this by all means should be a death penalty case. 



No comments:

Post a Comment