Saturday, November 9, 2013

What Now?

When I first heard about Pastor Bill Wininger being excommunicated from The King’s Way Baptist Church (KW) in Douglasville, Georgia, I have to say, I was a little fired up during those first few posts in response; but I have had time to sit back and chill and just take it all in for the past week and only voiced my opinion to a few threads on Facebook and in some private messages.  As I sit here tonight, a thought has come to my mind.  I don’t expect anyone to actually answer this, I mean it is just one of those random things that go through my mind on a pretty regular basis.  There are so many people; I mean lots of people that totally uprooted their whole lives to follow this man to Georgia from Michigan.  This is an 11 hour drive by car if you drive it straight through (and go the speed limit).  These people left family, friends, jobs and everyone they ever met … to follow this “little ole Baptist preacher” (as he would have told you).  If anything happened to these people’s loved ones, they had to drive 11 hours to get back to them.  They went weeks and months and sometimes even years without seeing their loved ones … for what?  A Pastor?  Their loved ones in some cases has passed away, in the days leading up to their deaths, they never seen the ones they loved … because they were off following a Pastor.  The thought that came to me tonight is simply this … Now what?  Your beloved Pastor, Shepherd, Leader is excommunicated and possibly … with any luck at all … possibly headed to jail … Now what?  In a case like this, there has to be a sense of hopelessness … a inner self that is scared and crying “what do we do now”.  When you are so hung up on a Pastor that you have surrendered your whole life to follow him, you are putting this mere man above God himself and when that man fails as this one has, I would think that you might need counseling just to be able to re-enter society and accept all that has happened.  It would have to feel like someone has punched you in the gut.  

As I sit here and contemplate all the feelings and emotions that you must be feeling, I immediately get a sense of being overwhelmed.  It is almost like being claustrophobic and locked inside of a small closet.  Just the thought of your feelings is almost enough to send me into a panic attack and I don't even have those.    

Crime doesn’t pay and should always be exposed in ink.  



No comments:

Post a Comment