Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Warning to Single and Dating People

Just recently, while in the process of writing a book, I have learned what all is a matter of public knowledge and some of the things that is public knowledge can be very helpful in making dating a lot safer.  There is some very helpful information that is available for the asking.  Information that could help prevent you from making some of the mistakes that I have.  I want to discuss those mistakes, and then I want to discuss how easily they could have been avoided without ever doing a background check (which can cost a lot of money), but just by doing a little research that requires just a minimum fraction of your time. 

A few years ago, I dated and subsequently lived with a guy by the name of John Courson.  His mother was in my Sunday school class and she told the class about her son that was in prison for 2 years and that he needed pen pals.  When I asked what he was in prison for, she said that it was a big misunderstanding.  Well, I believed her whole line without ever questioning another soul or without ever just trying to do some research of my own.  Had I done just a little research on my computer, in the comfort of my own home, without ever leaving the comfort of my desk, I would have found out he had been arrested:
·         5 times for driving without a license
o    Which would have come in handy when I was letting him drive my car
·         2 times for DUI
o   Which would have made me extremely cautious, since he is known to drive without a license and now I know that he will drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
·         4 times for pawning stolen items
o   Which would have given me a heads up that he would eventually steal from me if given the chance … and he did?
·         4 times for giving false information
o   Which means he will tell you those bold lies if it meant he would get anywhere with you.
·         Once for Theft
·         2 times for Check Fraud
o   Which would have given me another heads up that he will encourage me to write bad checks and surely have a false excuse about how the money will be in there when the check gets ready to clear.
o   By the way, I was later arrested because I believed such lies for 2 counts of check fraud.
·         One count of Non-payment of child support
o   Let me just tell you, if the man isn’t going to pay his child support, you can already guess where you are on his little totem pole of priorities.
·         And finally, he has been arrested 14 times for probation violation.
o   This one really says a lot about a person
§  He has no regard for law enforcement or authority figure
·         Which your next question should be how far back does this go
§  He doesn’t play by the rules
§  He is exempt from society’s guidelines

These arrests tell you a lot about someone.  First of all, all these arrests happened at different times and I can assure you it is very clear that none of them were a misunderstanding.  The law knew full well what they were doing in those cases as well as all the others that they are faced with on a daily basis.   This is the type of person that is out there preying on single working women.  He wants someone that will support him because he sure isn’t going to work for anything he has.  Why should he work when all he has to do is steal it from someone else who worked for it. 

Another man out there preying on single working women is another guy I dated and very shortly thereafter started living with, James Sheffield.  When I met him, he told me that he had been previously married one time and that he had a child by that marriage.  Again, if I had just done a little typing on my trusty computer keyboard, I would have found out:

·         He had been married and divorced 3 times
o   What would be the harm in telling me that he was married and divorced 3 times?  He told me about the one time, did he only tell me about that one because he had a son by that one?
·         He had been arrested 3 times for family violence
o   Why would I want to be with someone that is known to be abusive in the past?
·         He had was under a permanent restraining order from these woman and from the one child.
o   So the abuse was so severe that a judge granted these women a permanent restraining order.  That isn’t an easy thing to get on someone.  He have to prove that they are abusive and possibly likely to return to do it again.
·         And again, arrested once for not paying child support. 
o   If he doesn’t respect his own child enough to send the child support, how much do you think he is going to allow you to spend on your child(ren)?

All this is information that had I took the time to look it up, could have saved me a lot of heartache, lot of money, and in the last case, my possessions.  The one that was abusive in the past, turned out to be abusive with me and took me for about $7,000 out of a savings account that I had.  The one with all the arrests, he was arrested several more times while we were together.  He introduced me to Cocaine and because of that, I started a spiral downward that wouldn’t end for 14 months.  In the end, where I had no criminal record before meeting him, I now have a felony record; where I was able to provide a 3 bedroom house for me and my boys to live, I lost all of that and the furniture in it; as for money, I could not begin to tell you what I lost in monetary value with him.  No, I do not blame him for my addiction that was my doing.  I didn’t have to partake of what he was offering.  That is my whole point, with just a little research, I could have avoided these men and you can too with just a few clicks of the computer.  All you need to is get some very basic answers from them:  their name; what city did they go to school in; where did they grow up; and just for kicks, ask them if there is anything in their background.  You may find that he/ she gives false information also.  If you want to know how to do this kind of research, send me a message, I will be more than happy to show you the sites that you can utilize to find this information.




No comments:

Post a Comment